PHYSICAL EDUCATION RULES:
1. APPROPRIATE SNEAKERS MUST BE WORN. WITH LACES TIED, (INAPPROPRIATE SNEAKERS DO NOT PROVIDE THE TRACTION OR SUPPORT NECESSARY FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.)
2. CHIN LENGTH HAIR MUST BE SECURED AWAY FROM THE FACE.
3. ALL JEWELRY SHOULD BE REMOVED TO AVOID CAUSING INJURY, GETTING LOST, OR BREAKING.
4. PE CLOTHES SHOULD BE COMFOTABLE AND APPROPRIATE FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
5. A WRITTEN NOTE/EMAIL IS NEEDED TO BE EXCUSED DUE TO INJURY OR ILLNESS.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IS NECESSARY FOR YOU TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASS.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION GRADING RUBRIC
Warm-Up Exercises: Performs all warm-up exercises for the day.
Performs all warm-up exercises as specified by the teacher.
Effort & Participation:
Fully prepared and on time for PE class.
Engages in full participation during all activities throughout the class period.
Demonstrates appropriate level of effort during all activities throughout the class period.
- Exhibits proper behavior.
-Displays good sportsmanship by respecting others and yourself.
- Abides by class rules, game rules, and directions given by the teacher.
- Refrains from using inappropriate language and gestures.
- NO gum chewing during PE class.
Students will receive a daily grade for PE class based on the requirements shown in the chart below.
3 – Student has met the requirements of all three criteria shown above for today’s class.
2 – Student has met the requirements of two of the three criteria shown above for today’s class.
1 – Student has met the requirements of only one of the three criteria shown above for today’s class
0 - Student is unprepared or student has been removed from the class and receives zero points for the day's class.
***Marking Period Grade = Total points earned / Total days of class x3. Unprepared: An unprepared = when a student does not change for class and does not have a valid excuse- unprepared = 0
Good luck to everyone, and have a great year!
"ACCEPT THE CHALLENGES, SO YOU MAY FEEL THE EXHILARATION OF VICTORY." (General George S. Patton)
"If YOUR BODY'S NOT RIGHT, THE REST OF YOUR DAY WILL GO ALL WRONG. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF." (V.L. Alineare)