MY MISSION: DO GOOD WORK, THAT MATTERS.
Degrees and Certifications:
WCU PA: Bachelor of Science; Kinesiology with Nutrition minor NJ Department of Education Teaching Certificate American Heart Association CPR & AED Rutgers’ YSRC Coaches S.A.F.E.T.Y. Certificate CrossFit Level 1 Certificate
Health and fitness has shaped and changed so many parts of my life. My goal is to empower my students in the same way. I have seen the impact of health & fitness extend well beyond sport and movement, it has the ability to change a person’s perspectives and view challenges in life with relentless optimism. I strive to be a well rounded passionate educator and remain on the forefront of health, fitness, Strength & Conditioning. I believe it's important to always be a student and seek to collaborate with other driven, successful individuals of varied backgrounds. My passion for growth has always helped me push the boundaries of possibility in the pursuit of excellence.
- 2004 - Bachelor degree from West Chester University in Kinesiology with a minor in nutrition.
- After college I had a 10+ year career in Gym as a Personal Trainer, Sales, General Manager.
- 2012 - I was introduced to CrossFit at Brazen Athletics.
- 2014 - Physical Education and Health teaching certification.
- 2014 - K-2nd grade Physical Education teacher in Kinnelon NJ.
- 2015 - I completed my CrossFit Level 1 certificate.
- 2016 - Attend Project Adventure's Curriculum for P.E. workshop.
- 2016 - K-8th grade Health & Phys. Ed teacher in Montclair.
- 2018 - The universe brought me my dream job teaching Health & Physical Education at Verona High School.
- 2019 - I affiliated VHS as CrossFit Maroon & White and became the Strength & Conditioning Head Coach for our school athletics. I am committed to building awesome human beings.
My BHAG is to write $100,000 grants for my awesome students within by 10 years. Links attached below. $92,900 remaining to reach my goal.
*2019 CURRENTLY APPLIED FOR:
*Feb 2019 - $7,500 from VFEE for mobility specific and CrossFit equipment.
*Jan 2019 - $9,940 from CrossFit's Foundation the CrossFit Community Health Fund Grant.
I've written and received $7,100 in grants to date for my awesome student:
2018 - $1,500 from VFEE Verona Foundation for Educational Excellence. CLICK HERE to donate to VFEE
2018 - $1,000 from MFEE Education Excellence Grant
2018 - $1,000 from Jump Rope For Heart/ American Heart Association event certificate
2017 - $1,000 from MFEE Education Excellence Grant
2017 - $700 from Jump Rope For Heart/ American Heart Association event certificate
2016 - $250 from NJAHPERD conference Billion Mile Race
2016 - $1,300 from Jump Rope For Heart/ American Heart Association event certificate
2015 - $350 from NJAHPERD through Department of Health CDC for Project Adventure Curriculum for Phys. Ed.