The New Jersey State Board of Education adopted the Student Learning Standards (NJSLS) in May 2016 for all nine content areas: (1) 21st Century Life & Careers, (2) Health & Physical Education, (3) Language Arts Literacy, (4) Mathematics, (5) Science, (6) Social Studies, (7) Technology, (8) Visual Performing Arts, and (9) World Languages.
- Click here to go to visit the New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
- Please click here to see the revisions in English Language Arts K-12.
- Please click here to see the revisions in mathematics K-12.
Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
Key Points in CCSS
Overview of ELA and Math Common Core Shifts
CCSS Where to Focus
Parents' Guide to Student Success (PTA):
- To see all grade levels:
Parent Roadmaps for ELA
Parent Roadmaps for Math
Articles & Resources
- Article from ASCD: Common Core Talking Points May 2014
- NJ Department of Education Parent Academy (Many resources)
Great link explaining "What is the Common Core?"