Eating Disorders Resources
An eating disorder is a serious mental condition in which eating, exercise, and body weight or shape become problematic preoccupations in someone's life. There is a commonly held misconception that eating disorders are a lifestyle choice. Eating disorders are actually serious and often fatal illnesses that are associated with severe disturbances in people’s eating behaviors and related thoughts and emotions. Common eating disorders include anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder.
- Toolkits are resources to educate on eating disorders. You may find the Educator and the Parent Toolkit helpful to share.
- School & Community section of our website has resources that will help plan educational events and activities in your community.
- NEDA's Information and Treatment Option Helpline provides support, resources, and treatment options. Our Helpline can be reached by calling or texting 800-931-2237 or by chatting online.
- Our brochures are available electronically and can be downloaded directly from this page. Please feel free to distribute widely, use at your events and spread the word!
- NEDA's online screening is a helpful tool to determine if it's time to seek professional help.