VERONA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Verona Public Schools would like to welcome Rutgers University Behavioral Health’s School Based Training on how to support our children after a pandemic, where their experience treating children is matched by their experience in training parents and other student support systems. Dr. Moore's presentation provided us with excellent and practical coping strategies and parenting advice, allowing us to better help our children at home. Click here for the presentation. Our next speaker is Dr. Suzie Millar. She will present on Anxiety and How to Cope at Home. If you are ready to take your teaching to the next level, let Dr. Millar help you get started by attending this great training opportunity. And remember, when you have a question or get stuck, just contact your building principal or Rutgers University Behavioral Health’s School Based Training directly at email@example.com.
Dr. Suzi Millar
Click here to learn more about Dr.Millar
Title: Anxiety and How to Cope at Home
When: October 28, 2021
Location: VHS Auditorium
Time: 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Live stream: https://youtu.be/kbxkIt0ukhY
- Middle School and High School Students are welcome to attend this presentation.
Description: According to studies by the Center for Disease Control, 1 in 6 students ages 2 to 8 years old experience a mental, behavioral, or developmental disorder. The CDC further states that anxiety disorders typically increase with the age of the student. Supporting our anxious children in all life domains, home, school and in the community is a pivotal point for their social and emotional well-being.
- Do you want to gain an understanding of the types of anxiety and how anxiety presents in children and adolescents?
- Would you like to recognize behavioral, social and emotional responses to anxiety?
- Can you better understand your own intensity and how it may impact our ability to support or respond to our children?
- Let’s develop our self care strategies for parents and skills for supporting children's anxiety.