District Homeless Liaison
Nicole Azzati (973) 571-2029 ext. 7514
McKinney-Vento Homelessness LiasonThe local homeless liaison for the Verona Public School District who can assist homeless students and their parents or guardians with such activities as:
- How to enroll in school and access school services
- Obtaining immunizations or medical records
- Informing parents, school personnel, and others of the rights of homeless children and youth
- Working with school staff to make sure that homeless children and youth are immediately enrolled in school pending resolution of disputes that might arise over school enrollment or placement
- Helping to coordinate transportation services for homeless children and youth
- Collaborating and coordinating with the State Coordinator for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth and community and school personnel responsible for providing education and related support services to homeless children and youth.
Additional information can be found on the NJDOE website and from the links below.