Thomas J. Sellitto Athletic Field Re-Opening
Verona Public School District Announces Re-Opening of Thomas J. Sellitto Athletic Field
The Verona School District is pleased to announce the re-opening of the Thomas J. Sellitto Athletic Field, located on Sampson Drive on the Verona High School campus. The field has undergone an incredible transformation which includes new lights and athletic turf, among other noticeable improvements. The field will be used for many interscholastic athletic events, marching band performances, physical education classes, as well as district and community activities.
Our opening home football game will be held on Saturday, September 17th at 1:00 pm, when the Verona High School varsity football team takes on Madison High School. Our new facility is ready to go for this event but we still have some finishing touches that will be completed over the next several days. With that in mind, we would like to provide you with the following information:
- All tickets to enter the game can be purchased at the ticket stand at the rear VHS driveway on Sampson Drive. There will be two lines with the line on the left for exact change. Ticket prices will be $4 for adults and $2 for students and senior citizens.
- All spectators will only enter and exit through the gate located near the home side bleachers along the rear driveway.
- Restroom facilities are located near the back driveway behind the home bleachers.
- Food and refreshments are located on the back driveway adjacent to the high school cafeteria behind the home bleachers.
- Parking is limited. Buses will park at F.N. Brown Elementary School and the lot opposite F.N. Brown Elementary School on Grove Avenue. Parking closest to the field is available in the Sampson Drive parking lot, the angular spaces on Sampson Drive adjacent to the lower field, and on Fairview Avenue. Please plan accordingly and be mindful of our neighborhood residents when parking within our community.
We are currently awaiting the installation of our new scoreboard and the generous donation by the Sellitto Family for the new Thomas J. Sellitto sign. The official ribbon cutting ceremony and dedication of the Thomas J. Sellitto Athletic Field will be held on Friday, October 14th, when Verona High School takes on North Warren High School at 7:00 pm. We will be having a special ceremony prior to the game, with special guests and activities planned for the formal dedication of the field. We ask that anyone interested in attending this special ceremony be seated by 6:30 pm in order to observe the festivities.
On behalf of the Verona Board of Education, we would like to express our gratitude to the entire Verona community for making this referendum a reality. All of our projects and success are the result of the collective efforts of many people in the Verona Public Schools and our entire community. Thank you for your continued support. We hope to see you at Sellitto Field for many years to come.
All my best,
Superintendent of Schools