SOME IMPORTANT NOTES FOR FIFTH GRADERS AND PARENTS:
1. Please click on the "TEAM SUPPLY LIST" link for the supply list.
2. Please click on the "PER. 1, 2, 4, and 5 Math Class Assignments" link to view the week's homework assignments. *You still must use your planner in class because sometimes assignments change before they are changed on the webpage. You are expected to use your planner every day.
3. All graded assignments must be signed by a parent/guardian and returned by the end of the week.
4. It's a great idea to purchase your phys. ed. lock early. This way you can practice opening it before school starts. Imagine coming into 5th grade already knowing how to open your homeroom locker!
5. Fifth graders are permitted to bring a small snack to 8th period. Their snack time will be over at 2:15. *Please note that this is considered a "working snack time" and may only include items from the approved snack list.
6. Fifth graders are permitted to bring water to school. I highly suggest they use a reusable water bottle with their name clearly written. In the past, I have found that recyclable water bottles (Poland Spring, etc.) get left behind, become noisy, and cause a distraction.
7. Please be sure to have your student ID number memorized for purchasing food in the cafeteria.
8. Start collecting Box Tops and bring them to homeroom! If we collect the most, not only will we be helping our school, but we will also be treated to a special celebration!
1. You are expected to have your basic multiplication facts from 0 to 12 memorized. This is really important for all of the topics this year. If you need some extra practice, click on the "MATH LEARNING GAMES" link for some fun games to help you! You will get there- trust me!
2. Be sure to keep your good as new textbook covered at all times.
3. Always have a pencil ready to go. Sometimes we check homework with a pen, but you'll always use a pencil for your math work.
4. Use the online textbook for lessons and study help. It will help you tremendously!