VERONA STRATEGIC PLAN
The mission of the Verona Public Schools, the center of an engaged and supportive community, is to empower students to achieve their potential as active learners and productive citizens through rigorous curricula and meaningful, enriching experiences.
We will know we have accomplished our mission when…
1. All students articulate and embody our core values.
2. All students demonstrate meaningful academic and social growth.
3. All students independently apply learning experiences to new contexts.
4. All students graduate from high school with a thoughtful plan for the future.
In order to support our mission, we will….
1. Secure adequate financial resources,
2. Foster a healthy and respectful school culture consistent with our core values,
3. Partner locally and globally to expand opportunities for our school community,
4. Continue to implement a rigorous, integrated curriculum with authentic experiences and assessments,
5. Provide a meaningful professional development program for all staff, and
6. Provide upgraded, sustainable buildings, grounds and technical infrastructure.
Values we need to embrace in order to accomplish our mission
We commit to our mission, values, and strategies by…
· Acting in the best interests of all students,
· Respecting the individuality of students,
· Developing long-term financial plans,
· Making data-informed decisions,
· Favoring action, and
· Rejecting mediocrity.