Genesis Gradebook - Frequently Asked Questions
Gradebook Homepage (Home tab)
- What information does the Gradebook Home Page contain?
- I co-teach a class and my Gradebook defaults to my co-teacher. How can I set the default teacher to myself?
- How can I use the Home page to see my schedule for today?
- Some of my Course Sections don't meet until later in the school year. How can I hide these sections until later in the school year?
Gradebook Spreadsheet (Gradebook tab)
- What information does the Gradebook Spreadsheet contain?
- How can I take Class Attendance in Gradebook?
- How can I verify that I have taken Class Attendance for all classes that I taught today?
- How can I access additional information about a student, such as parent phone/email contact information, course schedule, daily attendance, etc.?
- How can I view, print, and update the grades of an individual student?
- How can I determine if a student's parents are using the Parent Portal?
Gradebook Rosters (Rosters tab)
- How can I give students "short" names or nicknames within my Gradebook?
- How can I give students my own "Class ID numbers", so that I can post test scores by ID number, rather than by name?
- What are the "New" labels by each of my students and how can I remove them?
- Some students who have dropped my class still appear on my roster. How can I hide their rows in my Gradebook?
- How can I submit my Teacher Recommendations for the next school year?
Gradebook Assignments (Assignments tab)
- What are the characteristics of a Gradebook Assignment?
- How can I add a new Gradebook Assignment?
- How can I "mass-create" Gradebook Assignments?
- How can I copy an Assignment to another section, another teacher's section, or to the same section but different marking period?
- What options do I have in how I grade an assignment?
- How do I enter grades for an assignment?
- How can I use the "special" grades of Missing, Exempt, Absent, and Incomplete in managing my Gradebook?
- How can I record a "Teacher Comment" (e.g. "+5 for extra credit", "-10 for late submission", "ran out of time") alongside a grade?
- How can I record a "Parent Comment" (e.g. "outstanding work", "big improvement from last test", "did not complete essay section of test") alongside a grade?
- How can I record Extra Credit for a student assignment or Marking Period Average?
- How can I make an Assignment visible on the Parent Portal or post documents for the Assignment on the Parent Portal?
- How can I enter midterm and final exam grades in my Genesis Gradebook?
Gradebook Profiles (Profiles tab)
- What is a Gradebook Profile?
- How can I assign a Gradebook Profile to a Course Section?
- How can I create a new Gradebook Profile by copying an existing one?
- How can I rename an Gradebook Profile?
- How can I delete a Gradebook Profile?
- Last school year, I had my Gradebook Profile(s) set up the way I wanted them. How can I copy them from last year to this year?
- How can I set my Grading Method in a Gradebook Profile?
- How can I change the order of the columns in my Gradebook?
- How can I assign default grades for Missing or Incomplete assignments?
- How can I display Medical Alert, IEP, and 504 icons in my Gradebook?
- Category-Weight Grading
Posting Interim Reports and Grades (Post Grades tab)
- How can I post comments and grade for Interim Reports (Mid-Marking Period Notices)?
- How can I post Marking Period grades and comments?
- How can I run Grade Verification Reports?
Emailing Parents From Gradebook
- What do I need to do to set up my Gradebook for emailing parents?
- How can I customize the appearance of Progress Reports I email to parents?
- How can I email Gradebook Progress Reports to parents, guidance counselors, and case managers for an individual student?
- How can I quickly email Gradebook Progress Reports to the parents of selected students in my class?
- How can I generate an parent email list for my class?